Oriel applications are now open! You have until the 10th of September 2020 to submit your application for Dental Foundation training.
The Oriel Application can be quite monotonous but it’s important to make sure you fill everything out correctly or you might be unable to do your Dental Foundation Training.
We’ve put together a few top tips for your application..
- Email address
Make a new email address for this, it should be the one you use going forward as a dentist.
- Make sure it is professional and simple.
- You need to be able to access this easily, so choose a password you won’t forget.
- Add this to your phone so you can keep up to date with Oriel and DFT updates.
- Don’t use this email for anything other than dentistry, keep the ASOS spam to another social email.
- Check everything you twice before you submit, think of yourself as Santa.
- Ask someone to check your application to make sure you haven’t missed anything, once submitted and the deadline passed you will not be able to change anything. A student who is also applying is probably the best idea.
3. Disability and Special Circumstances
- Any special considerations must be applied for at the time of submitting the ORIEL application and usually are not taken into account if added later
4. Home Address
- If you live in student accommodation which you will be leaving you would be better not using this address if possible.
- We would recommend using an address which won’t change, such as a relative or your parents.
- Most communication will be done through email and if you do change address you should be able to update this.
5. Don't forget to click Submit.... however
- Don’t submit the application until you have read through it thoroughly twice.
- Don’t submit he application until you have had someone else check through it
- We wouldn’t submit your application until you have gone back to Uni, as long as this is before 10.09.2020. Your University may have advice for your submission.
- Don’t leave it to the last minute, if possible submit your application a few days before the deadline to avoid stress. Always remember to factor time in for things you can’t control, if your computer crashes at 11pm before the deadline you will not thank yourself!
6. ACCESS THE WEBSITE
- Here is the link: https://new.oriel.nhs.uk/Web/Vacancy/VacancyDetails
- Click on Dental Specialities
- On the left side of the screen click on “Dental Foundation Training – DFT”
- Within the tab on the right side of the screen, click on “documents”
- Download DFT Applicant Guide 2020-21 and DFT Person Specification 2021
7. READ THE ORIEL GUIDE ON APPLICATION BEFORE YOU COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION
- This sounds very basic but believe me, some people will not do this and find the application much more difficult than necessary.
The Oriel Application can be a bit daunting, it is all very serious. Just take your time, don’t panic and ask for help if you need it. Other students and lecturers should be able to help.
We are always happy to answer any questions you might have, email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t be too overwhelmed by the realness of starting out in the dental world.
I like to remember, as taught by a wonderful educational podcast- My Favourite Murder, being nervous and excited are the same feeling, it is how you tell yourself you feel that will change your perspective.
Try to be excited about the start of your DFT journey and Dental career!!
Good luck for your Applications!
Co- Founder DentalSJT.com
PS. Have you subscribed to our newsletter?
Our Website is quite simple- follow the steps below, give yourself some time to study and hopefully get the job what you want for 2021! Fill in your details below and you will be emailed a link to the DFT recruitment guide for final year BDS students